Onderzoeksprogramma Zuid Afrika - Stage Wildlife/Conservation
Omschrijving:Our local partner offers a research program and provide participants the opportunity to perform their own research using their facilities and knowledge. During the program you will gain knowledge on wildlife, conservation & ecosystems by doing research. It takes place at the Balule Private Nature Reserve which is adjacent to the famous Kruger National Park. The area is not a man created Big 5 area, it is the largest of the few areas in the world that is still wild.
The program does not only include research, but also lecturers, such as Mammals, birds, reptiles, arthropods, fish & amphibians, Animal behavior and Biomes of Southern Africa) and practical subjects, such as Game farm management and Survival.
The program is open to students and volunteers who are passionate about wildlife and conservation. As such, there is no specific application process. You will be send an application form that needs to be completed, which we will discuss with the project, to make sure your needs can be accommodated. In most of the cases the application is approved.
The research topics that you can choose from:
- Plan and ?build? a Game farm including management and marketing plans
- Breeding project for endangered species
- Rehabilitation centre for injured and or orphaned animals
- Ecological impact the over population of mega mammals (e.g. elephants) have on vegetation
- Soil versus vegetation
- Animal behaviour
- Sustainable use of natural resources e.g. water Eco tourism
- Green tourism / lodges
The program is open to students and volunteers who are passionate about wildlife and conservation. As such, there is no specific application process. You will be send an application form that needs to be completed, which we will discuss with the project, to make sure your needs can be accommodated. In most of the cases the application will be approved.
The fee to participate in this program is 3500 Euro for 8 weeks includes the following:
- All meals
- Transport to and from town weekly
- Access to research library and lectures
- Bush walks/drives and night drives
- Transport to and from projects and interviews necessary for your research
- Transport from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit and back to Johannesburg.
Internship opportunity is available at any given date.
Meer informatie? Kijk op onze website www.intern-africa.eu
Hulpdienst:Intern Africa, contact: Anouk, datum: 21-06-2017
Vergoeding voorzien:Neen vrijwilligerswerk is zoals de naam het zegt onbetaald werk.
Overzicht vrijwilligerswerk bij Intern Africa